In the spirit of holiday giving (and the fact that my bookcase no longer accommodates all my books), I’m doing a book giveaway. The books are listed below, with a link to Wikipedia/Amazon/Goodreads for summaries. Some of them are novels, some are memoirs, essays, or theory - some were assigned to me in school, some were recommended to me by fellow Tumblr bloggers, many have my notes and highlighter marks (sorry!), and ALL taught me something.
The Wages of Whiteness: Race and the Making of the American Working Class, by David R. Roediger
The Autobiography of an Ex-Colored Man, by James Weldon Johnson
Jews Without Money, by Michael Gold
Racial Fault Lines: The Historical Origins of White Supremacy in California, by Tomás Almaguer
Down These Mean Streets, by Piri Thomas
The Street: A Novel, by Ann Petry
The FBI, COINTELPRO, And Martin Luther King, Jr.: Final Report Of The Select Committee To Study Governmental Operations With Respect To Intelligence Activities
Blood Done Sign My Name, by Timothy B. Tyson
Soul On Ice, by Eldridge Cleaver
- You do not have to be following me to enter
- I will count up to two entries, one like, and one reblog (so please don’t spam your followers - there’s no point!)
- The giveaway will be open until January 12, 2014 (one month to enter)
- I will choose a winner by random number generator - you MUST HAVE YOUR ASK OPEN, and be comfortable giving me your address so I can ship them
- If the winner doesn’t respond in 24 hours, I will choose another winner, and so on until someone responds
- Due to the weight of the books, I can only afford to ship within the continental US (sorry!)
As a final note - many of the books contain graphic material related to racist violence, sexual violence, and homophobic violence, and could be triggering to read.
If you have any questions about the books or the giveaway rules, my ask is open!